It’s no secret that Jackson Hole is a beautiful place, but when fall sweeps her fingers through the valley, the scene becomes dramatically more lovely. Here are my top 10 reasons why September is so spectacular.
4. Fishing on the Snake River is in perfect condition. Flies are hatching throughout the day, and the big guys are feasting in preparation for winter.
5. Old Bill’s Fun Run is our communities largest fun raising event, and occurs the weekend after labor day each year. Last year, the fun run raised $9,809,404, which brought the lifetime total up to $100 million. The event brings out all of Jackson’s organizations from animal shelters to the Doug Coombs Foundation, promoting skiing for underprivileged youth. The event brings out the best of the community, and kicks off a wonderful week of arts and culture in the town.
7. Jackson hosts the Fall Arts Festival each September, including incredible gallery tours, the Western Design Conference, fashion shows, food events, outdoor art fair, an art auction, and so many more events. You can find out more at the Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce Website, here. Below is one of local artists, Amy Ringholz’s coveted wildlife paintings.
8. Town quiets down from our hectic summer bustle, and leaves Jackson folk to enjoy their favorite restaurants on a whim once again. Here’s my favorite spicy margarita from the Spur, at Teton Mountain Lodge in Teton Village.
10. And last but not least, the excitement of winter’s approach looms at the edge of each storm, reminding us that winters snow is a few whispers away.