Hey there people of Jackson Hole! Can you believe another glorious week of winter has gone by? Time flies when you’re shredding Laramie Bowl. Be sure to get outside this weekend, but if you need to beef up your social schedule with more action, check out the events below. Have fun, be safe, and tip your waiters!
Après @ Nick Wilson’s Presented by Bud Light
- Location: Nick Wilson’s Cowboy Café
- Time: Saturday, February 21st from 4-6
- Information: DJ VerT-OnE, $1 off Bud and Bud Light, Great Prizes and Giveaways
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: It’s snowing! So make sure you get out to the Village at some point on Saturday–Shred it up, tell some jokes with your friends on the chairlift and then ski your way down to Nick’s for this après party. I’ve been to two of them, and it’s always a good crowd and even better vibe.
- Location: Snow King Mountain
- Time: Friday, February 20th and Saturday, February 21st from 8 am to 6:30
- Information: The nation’s largest backcountry ski festival, Vertfest, is slated to take over Jackson Hole, February 20-21, 2015. The community event, presented by the Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism Board and Teton Motors, brings together Jackson’s backcountry ski community for two days of ski movie screenings, races, ski and avy clinics and beer drinking!
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: Any time Jackson folks get together for ski-related activities, it’s BOUND to be a good time. Especially if you bring a friend or 5. or 10 if you’re super popular.
PIMP MY RIDE: ALL ABOUT THE 90’s
- Location: Revolution Indoor Cycling Studio
- Time: Friday, February 20th at 5:30 pm
- Information: Cycling takes a 90’s twist and there’s only 3 bikes left! Purchase $5 Drop-In then reserve your space here.
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: Andrea is teaching class this Friday and she has already promised that you will be transported back to the 90’s with the power of music. I highly recommend tying a flannel around your waist and breaking a solid sweat in this class before you hit the town on Friday night!
Pretty Faces Screening with Lynsey Dyer
- Location: Snow King Ball Room
- Time: Friday, February 2oth from 7-9 pm
- Information: Pretty faces is an all female ski film featuring the best athletes from around the world in celebration of playing outside, pushing the sport of skiing and living up to our fullest potential as a supportive community.
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: GIRL POWER TO THE MAX. I love seeing the lady skiers of Jackson Hole show what shredding is all about. I would suggest heading to Hayden’s Post for a quick bite and a drink and then head over to see this film if you missed the screening in the fall.
Disco Inferno! A Concert for JH Fire and EMS
- Location: The Town Square Tavern
- Time: Friday, February 20th at 10 pm
- Information: Uncle Stack and The Attack are performing! Come out in your finest 70’s costume to support JH Fire and get your boogie on. 10PM for $10!
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: I just so happen to know the drummer, and he promises a wild night. I’ll be there wearing my favorite outfit from the 70’s (jk, I wasn’t alive yet), and shredding up the dance floor. Who wants to join me? It’s always fun to party when you know you’re supporting a local cause.
USASA Slopestyle and Halfpipe Snowboard Competition
- Location: Eagles Terrain Park in Teton Village
- Time: Saturday, February 21st and Sunday, February 22nd
- Information: The USASA Slopestyle and Halfpipe Competitions are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, February 21-22. Most competitors arrive to ride on Friday, and the event will take place in the Eagles Terrain Park on Saturday and in the Halfpipe on Sunday. There will also be a Friday night Rail Jam at Snow King at 4pm. Registration will be held the day of the event from 7:30am – 9:00am in the Gabe Room. Every participant must have a USASA membership. All competitors under the age of 18 must have guardian sign liability release. There will be a limit of 115 competitors per day.
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: This is a great place to check out local talent. Bring your kids to watch or cheer on an athlete that you know. The sun will be out, so put on some SPF and SUPPORT! Click here for more information!
Riot Act, Inc. presents Sam Shepard’s “Fool for Love”
- Location: Intencions
- Time: Saturday, February 21st from 8-10 pm
- Information: In her first time directing a full length play, director Deborah Supowit helms a wonderful cast including Leah Holmes as May, Graham Koten as Eddie, Frankie McCarthy as Martin, and Stephen Lottridge as The Old Man.Tickets are available in advance online at www.riotactinc.org or at the door and cost $15 for adults or $12 for students/seniors. Seating is limited, so be sure to buy your tickets in advance.
- THE INSIDE SCOOP: Jackson Hole is notorious for attracting a lot of talent and never fails to impress people who come out to support actors do what they do best–ACT! Check out Riot Act Inc to learn more about their organization and the various events they host.