It’s the most wonderful time of year… We’ve been enjoying skiing & riding the deepest December snowpack in JHMR history thus far, but now it’s time to turn our focus to the holidays. With Christmas parties a plenty and people breaking out their most festive sweaters in anticipation of Ole Saint Nick delivering us all a powder filled holiday, here’s a list of our favorite stocking stuffer ideas to make your holiday a special one!
- This one is going to require a bigger stocking, but for the powder hounds that make Jackson Hole so special, we think you all deserve a Mammut Ride RAS 3.0 Backpack. As one of the best in the industry, this pack is what the Jackson Hole Ski Patrol use to stay safe while keeping the mountain open for us to play! So always remember, hug a patroller and safety first!
- Probably one of the best stocking stuffers I ever received was tickets to a Van Halen reunion tour, so why not surprise someone special with tickets to our next edition of the Jackson Hole Rendezvous Spring Festival with the Zac Brown Band! General admission tickets just went on sale here and you can really show your appreciation for a loved one by getting them some VIP passes, because everyone likes to be ‘knee deep’ in powder while listening to ZBB.
- The secret is out on this next item. It’s probably one of the hottest items off our shelves, the Yeti Rambler, which is available at Teton Village Sports and Mountain Khakis next door. This cold and hot gift will make your coffee/tea/cocktail drinking loved one happy for years to come!
- Feeling Western? Ready to rub elbows with cowboys and powder addicts at the Cowboy Bar? Not without the Mountain Khaki Teton Buckle and money clip! Treat the man in your life to something special with a reminder each day of where his heart is, the Tetons… These gifts go great together or separately. Personally- I just gave my little brother the combo and now he’s ready to saddle up!
- If you fancy yourself fashionable in the all-encompassing mountain chic lifestyle, you are going to want to have the Hair-on-Hide Ski Wallet from Astis to match your Astis Mittens. These two combine functionality with fashion and should be a staple for all mountain town visitors and dwellers alike. Offered at Teton Village Sports, you’ll be happy to grab these for yourself or for your significant other! Everyone needs an on mountain wallet and cozy gloves.
- Speaking of functional yet fashionable, how have we not listed a ‘buff’ (aka ‘neck gaiter’)? Whether it’s to stay warm on cold days or just mitigate the effects of the sun on bluebird days, this is a must have. Our personal favorite from Skida comes in all color combinations and is guaranteed to do the trick.
- You either live in Jackson Hole because you like to ride the tram or you visit Jackson Hole to ride the tram, so take home a piece of your favorite lift with a special edition ornament. While we hope you would spend all your Christmas’s with us, we’ll allow it to slide if we’re on your tree. Swing by JH Sports and pick one up for years to come.
- If you are a parent of young kids, you’ll appreciate this ‘stocking stuffer’ from JH Sports. Get the kids thinking winter and skiing with a 3D tram puzzle. Made with wood to hold up against the rigors of children, this gift will keep the kids busy almost all morning on Christmas!
- Fancy yourself a Star Wars fan or know someone who is? This is your chance to give the best gift of the holiday season. With the new Star Wars movie Rogue One in theatres, Stance Socks has teamed up with Star Wars to put Chewbacca/R2D2/Darth Vader/BB8/Frozen Hans Solo on your feet! As far as we’re concerned, these are a must have and you can ski in them!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND WE HOPE YOU HAVE A POWDER FILLED HOLIDAY!