It’s been an amazing start to the year in Jackson Hole. Skiers and snowboarders have been all smiles and it’s no surprise as the snow has been incredible. Today, December 1st, we hit 100” for the season! On Thursday we opened with Teewinot, Apres Vous and Casper. This Saturday the Bridger Gondola, Marmot and Thunder opened greeting riders to copious amounts of powder. On Sunday, the skies cleared with 6” of fresh and the lower faces opening.
The terrain off Thunder is open including Tower 3, Paint Brush, Toilet Bowl and the Mushroom Chutes.
Here are the stats on our snowfall this year from head avalanche forecaster Bob Comey.
1. 80” of snow the last three weeks
2. As of today we have 134% of normal moisture for year
3. Total snowfall is 7th best in 25 years
4. Nov was 3rd best in 25 years. 2010 was best. If we take the last year weeks this year is second best.
5. Total snowfall at different stations is interesting but hard to explain maybe. RV Bowl 2010 was 86” this year 81”, Raymer we are 5” up this year and mid mountain is the same
Jess McMillan tests out the product and it’s good.
We are already shoveling off the roof at the Rendezvous Lodge.
How would you like fresh tracks?
The Expert Chutes are filling in nicely.
Even the valley is already covered in snow.
Jess McMillan enjoys a foot of fresh below the Expert Chutes.
With our great snowpack get your skiing in early this year. Take advantage of Ski Free Stay Free in December and January including up to $300 air credit with some air, lodging and activity packages. http://bit.ly/1wrPDWu
Here’s a cool map from NWS that shows modeled snow depths.
Stay tuned for info on the Tram.