The Teton Village trail system is perfect for an adventure run, use the expanded lift system to access the high alpine, or explore the valley floor – there is something for every type of runner. NEW this summer JHMR is offering private guided runs, clinic and more with the Born to Run Coach, Eric Orton.
Recommended Trail Runs
- Beginner - Trying running on trails for the first time? Try the Saratoga Loop from the top of the Teewinot Lift and feel free to use the walk up as a warm-up. Approximately 1.5 miles.
- Intermediate - Ready to take a step to the next level? Check out the Lower Faces Loop for a little more distance or ride the Aerial Tram and combine the Cirque Trail with our new Casper Ridge Loop ending at the top of the Bridger Gondola.
- Expert - Feeling the burn yet? Try a run from the base of the Aerial Tram up the Wildflower Trail to the Bridger Gondola, combine vertical gain with distance in this leg burner. Approximately 5 miles.
- For trail runners and racers of all abilities
- Become stronger, faster and more efficient on trails
- Develop uphill and downhill skills
- Training techniques to improve ability
* Dates offered:
Cost: $ TBD
Hit the trails with a local expert. NEW this summer book a private guided trail running session with Eric Orton, best known as the coaching star and run character in Born To Run and the international author of The Cool Impossible. This is a chance to run and train with one of the most sought after running coaches in the world, in the beautiful trail environments in the Jackson Hole area. The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort trail system has significantly expanded over the last few years to offer a wide variety of high alpine and mountain running. With Eric, you will be able to customize your experience for up to three people to maximize your day and match your goals.
Cost: $300 for up to 3 runners within the same party
Times: AM Private Guided Trail Runs 8am-11am
PM Private Guided Trail Runs 1pm-4pm
- Private Guided Runs will focus on showcasing the trails and give trail tips along the way, helping guests get a better understand of the trail network and have an enjoyable mountain experience.
- Tram access is not included in the price.
- 24 hour advance reservation required
- Call 307-739-2779 for reservations
Times:AM Private Run Training Clinics 6am-7:30am
PM Private Run Training Clinics 5:30pm-7pm
- 90 min training session covering: run form, technique, how to run more efficiently, trail skills, training tactics.
- This session would include a 10-15 min initial consultation to get an understanding of the clients running background and goals.
- Based on this consultation, you will then spend 75 min evaluating run form/technique and analyze running strengths and weaknesses
- And then use this information to coach/train the runner in developing skills to become a more efficient and stronger runner.
- A variety of trails/terrain will be used based on the needs of the individual
- Call 307-739-2779 to make reservations
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to bring?
• Hydration - 12 ounces per hour of planned time with Eric.
• Bring an efficient way to carry water: hydration pack or waist belt with bottles.
• Wear clothes appropriate for the time of day temps, weather patterns, and forecast.
• Trail running shoes are best, but any running shoes that you are used to using will be fine.
• Energy food/snacks/gels
- Am I good enough to run with Eric?
• One of Eric’s talents as a coach is to understand the ability of each runner, so you will never be running out of your comfort zone or what is appropriate to your level of ability.
- What kind of experience do I need to have?
• Private Run Training Clinics – all abilities are welcome, beginners to veteran runners.
• Guide Trail Runs - runners should have the minimum ability to run for at least 60 minutes comfortably.
- What is the terrain like?
• JHMR offers a variety of single track trail running options and terrain: rolling non-technical single track, steep smooth trails, to very advanced rocky alpine trails.
• Terrain choices will be based on the level of ability and interest, and will be decided between you and Eric before departing on the run.
- What are the risks?
• There are inherent risks with all mountain sports, but by working with Eric you are managing down some of those risks. Eric’s knowledge of the terrain and ability to work within each runner’s ability level will create a safe learning experience for many types of runners.
• There are factors such as injury, weather and wildlife encounters that are possible in this mountain environment.
• Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has on-duty patrol staff for mountain emergencies.