Last revised: 4/28/2016
The Information we Collect
We may collect several different types of personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") which may include but is not limited to your:
· e-mail address
· date of birth
· mailing address
· credit card numberYou may choose not to provide your Personal Information; however providing Personal Information is a pre-requisite for certain activities and services available through the Sites, such as creating an account, renting equipment, registering for certain classes or staying at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (the "Resort").
How we Collect your Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information in any of the ways set forth below (each a "Channel"):
• Online. In order to use certain functions or features of the Sites, you will need to create an account. As a prerequisite to account registration, you will need to provide certain types of Personal Information. You may also make reservations to stay at the Resort, register for ski lessons, and conduct other types of transactions on or through the Sites, in which case you will need to provide payment and billing information.
• In Person. You may physically provide us with your Personal Information in a variety of different ways. For example, if you stay at the Resort, you may be required to provide Personal Information to reserve your stay or check in. We may also condition participation in certain activities at the Resort, such as ski lessons, on the provision of certain Personal Information.
• Contests. From time to time, we may run contests and/or sweepstakes, via a Site, through social media, or at the Resort ("Contests"). If you participate in any Contests, we will collect certain Personal Information from you in order to administer the Contest.
• From Third Parties. We may, from time-to-time, receive certain Personal Information that you have provided to a third party to whom you have provided your consent to share your Personal Information with us for marketing purposes, such as opt-in email list providers.
Use of Information Collected
By providing your Information to us, whatever the Channel you use, you consent to our use of your Information in the following ways:
· to provide the services, products or classes that you request;
· to combine with or enhance information provided by third parties;
· to contact you, respond to your inquiries, and send you information;
· to notify you of special offers and other services that we believe may be of interest to you;
· to analyze, manage and improve the Sites;
· to notify you of important new changes to the Sites;
· to help us diagnose problems with our server or other technical issues relating to the performance of the Sites; or
· for marketing purposes in compliance with applicable laws.It is our policy to require only the Personal Information necessary to complete the specific transaction that you request. We do not condition your participation in any specific activity on our Sites, or the receipt of any products or services, on the disclosure of more Personal Information than is reasonably necessary.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose the Information we collect from and about you: (a) when we have reason to believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, customers or other users of the Sites, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities, or is appropriate or necessary to enforce the Terms and Conditions, take precautions against liability, investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, and/or protect the security or integrity of the Sites; (b) to respond to judicial process and provide Information to law enforcement agencies in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws; (c) to our business partners for research, analytical and marketing purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Sites and/or to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing such Information on our behalf; or (d) otherwise with your consent. We may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the Information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your Personal Information may be included in the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used and your Personal Information may be included in the transferred assets. We may use your Usage Information to identify and develop products and services that may be of interest to you and/or share Information with certain third parties for direct marketing purposes with respect to special offers, products, services, programs, promotions, surveys, publications, invitations or other opportunities that may be of interest to certain demographic groups. We do not sell your Personal Information, to third parties and have no intention of doing so in the future. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, you may be entitled to request disclosure regarding how we share your Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes ("Information-Sharing Disclosure"). To the extent required by applicable law, we shall provide the Information-Sharing Disclosure to you upon rightful request made in writing to Chief Marketing Officer, PO Box 290, Teton Village, WY 83025. Except as explained above, we will not share any of your Personal Information with any third party, unless we have received your express permission to do so.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication.
Special Disclosure Considerations for Social Media
Our Sites may permit you to participate in certain online activities, such as blogs, message boards or other forums, or may include links to certain Third Party Sites that provide social media functionality, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram ("each a "Forum"). You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose any Information (e.g., name, email address, personal photographs) on a Forum, such information may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or an increased risk of fraud. We have no control over this use of your Information and are not be responsible for it. In addition, if a Forum is provided by a Third Party Site, such Forum will likely be subject to its own additional rules and policies. You are responsible for your conduct on any Forum and for complying with any such rules or policies.
Protecting Children's Privacy
Except for the "Kid's Programs" portion of a Site, the Sites are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13 and we ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information. With respect to the "Kid's Programs" portion of a Site, we may collect certain personal information related to minors who wish to reserve space in one of our Kid's Program activities or rent equipment, including the name, email address, and mailing address of such minors but we will only accept such information from (a) the minor's legal parent or guardian, who has (b) created a Customer Account. We expressly request that no child under the age of 13 provide such information on their own behalf. We will not use such information for marketing purposes.
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable technical measures intended to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, erroneous disclosure of, and unlawful interception of Personal Information submitted via the Sites. However, your email transmissions and/or other communications containing Personal Information may be unlawfully intercepted or accessed by third parties and/or the Sites may be subject to hostile network attacks or administrative errors. We cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Once we receive your Personal Information, we take steps that we believe are commercially reasonable to limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees and service providers whom we determine need access to the Personal Information to provide the requested products, services, offers or opportunities that may be of interest to you. However, even after we receive your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or as a result of any other event beyond our reasonable control. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Personal Information is completely secure and safe from such risks. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR INFORMATION.
Special Note to International Users