Mountain Sports School Employment
Welcome Instructor Applicants!
Thank you for your interest in working at the Jackson Hole Mountain Sports School (JHMSS). We will be offering full and part-time instructor positions for the 2016-17 winter season. We will consider applicants who can demonstrate a passion for teaching and who have the appropriate on-mountain skills in their discipline.
Instructor applicants should also possess the following traits:
- An outgoing and engaging personality
- The desire to teach students of all ages
- The willingness and physical ability to teach beginner through advanced lessons
- Be motivated to do a job well and hold a positive attitude while striving to attain a higher level of professionalism at all times
- The ability to lead and demonstrate active leadership
- The capacity for sound decision-making with an emphasis on individual and group safety
New instructors will be hired as per the following 2 categories:
Qualified New Hire
You may be considered a qualified instructor applicant if you have current experience and/or certification.
To be considered an experienced applicant you must be able to show evidence of current certification and provide references and a copy of your last season Ski School evaluation. All experienced applicants must complete an online application as well as submit a resume, certification proof and letters of reference. An in-person or phone interview will be required for all applicants to review qualifications and experience. If you are not successful at gaining employment as a qualified applicant then you may still apply as an "Inexperienced New Hire" See below for more information.
All successful applicants must be available for early season training starting after opening. Season 2016-2017 will open November 24. 2016.
Your availability schedule will start immediately following training. It is mandatory for all employees to be available to work our peak periods listed below.
Inexperienced New Hire
Applicants who have not taught skiing or snowboarding or who are certified Level 1 instructors with less than three years of full-time teaching experience are required to complete an online application as well as submit a resume and letters of reference. An in-person or phone interview will be required for all applicants. All successful applicants must attend the New Instructor Training Camp. The New Instructor Training Camp will run from Nov 27-29, 2016. Additional training will run from Dec 4-7, 2016. You may be required to start work immediately following training depending upon levels of business. It is mandatory for all full-time employees to be available to work our peak periods listed below.
- Meet & Greet for ITC participants: November 26, 2016 at 4:00 - 5:30pm
- New Instructor Training Camp (ITC) Dates: November 27-29, 2016
- If you are offered a job from the ITC, mandatory training dates: December 4-7, 2016
Holiday Rush: December 17, 2016 - January 3, 2017
President's Week: February 18-26, 2017
Spring Break: March 11 - April 1, 2017
How to Apply:
Complete an application on our Winter Employment Site
- Instructor base wages start at $9.50 per hour and increase based on certification and experience. In addition, incentives are paid at $1.75 per hour per student for classes, $5.00 per hour for assigned private lessons and $10.00 per hour for requested private lessons.
- Hours per week can vary depending on whether it is peak or regular season. Most new hires will average working 4 days per week in the 2016-2017 season.
- We offer training throughout the season for all of the instructors at Jackson Hole Mountain Sports School (JHMSS).
Links on the left-hand side of each page allow you to access additional information. Some items of interest include:
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Mountain Sports School