General Eclipse Information
- On August 21st of 2017, a rare total solar eclipse will traverse the continental United States from Oregon to South Carolina.
- Jackson Hole and Teton Village happen to fall into the "path of totality" of the Great American Eclipse. That is to say, that in Teton Village and on Rendezvous Peak, we will experience the total eclipse for one of the longest durations possible, 2-3 minutes at 11:34 am MST. The partial phases of the eclipse will last 2-3 hours depending on your specific location, starting around 10:15am.
- Several factors, including fantastic scenery and generally clear summer skies, will make Jackson and Teton Village a desirable destination for eclipse viewing. We're fielding inquiries and experiencing strong demand for access to locations on Rendezvous Mountain for the eclipse.
- Rendezvous Mountain faces east, and the eclipse will be viewable in the southeast corner of the sky. Weather and conditions permitting, the eclipse will be viewable from almost anywhere in Teton Village; you need not be on the mountain to see it.
- For more information about the Eclipse in Jackson Hole, The Town of Jackson, and Teton Village please consult www.tetoneclipse.com.
- A limited number of Tram tickets for the eclipse, 8/21/2017, will be available for purchase on May 2, 2017, for $150 per person. (An initial sale of Tram Tickets occurred in September 2016)
- Tram tickets are good for specific time slots on the morning of 8/21. There will be a tram leaving the base for the summit every 12 minutes.
- Tickets cannot be resold, bartered, traded, or redeemed for cash value. Anyone found in violation of this policy will have their tickets revoked, no exceptions.
- There will be 60 people on each Tram, and everyone will be required to check in 30 minutes in advance to prepare to board. You must board the tram you purchased a ticket for. We cannot guarantee a spot if you miss your assigned tram.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will not provide an insurance option –On occasion, lightning and wind cause delays and closures in operation. Weather is a risk and these tickets are a nonrefundable product.
- In the event of a mechanical issue a full refund will be provide.
- Each tram ticket comes with a pair of eclipse viewing glasses.
- Guests are only permitted to bring what they can individually carry onto the tram. No carts or rolling luggage are permitted.
- Downloading the Aerial Tram after the eclipse will be first come, first serve. Last tram leaves at 5:30pm.
- Weather on the summit of Rendezvous Mountain can change rapidly. Please pack accordingly. Temperatures at the summit are typically in the mid-40 degree Fahrenheit range on summer mornings, but can easily dip into the 30s or lower depending on the weather system.
- Corbet’s Cabin at the summit offers a limited amount of refreshments and restroom facilities. While there are restrooms and port-a-potties, there is no running water.
- We recommend that you bring some food and water if you intend to stay for several hours.
- The Aerial Tram will not be open for regular sightseeing operations for the day of the eclipse.
- Sweetwater Gondola will be opening for eclipse sightseeing. This lift, which rises almost 1,300 feet in 8 minutes to the Casper area, has a nice open view to the southwest . The Sweetwater Gondola cabins hold 8 people per cabin, and we’ll load ticket-holders first-come/first-serve, going up and down. At the top, Casper Restaurant will be open for food, drinks, and restrooms. Sweetwater Gondola will open at 8am. Please allow at least 1 hour to get to the top.
- Last gondola down is at 5:00pm.
- Sweetwater Gondola tickets will be going on sale May 2.
- These tickets are not time-specific, and guests are asked to wait in line at the base to load the gondola starting at 8am.
- Sweetwater Sightseeing tickets for the eclipse will cost $50 per person and are good for the Sweetwater Gondola only.
- Each Gondola ticket comes with a pair of eclipse viewing glasses.
Eclipse Lodging Options
Buy Now Jackson Hole Resort Lodging
- Jackson Hole Resort Lodging has some remaining availability, and may have openings leading up to the event. For last minute stays and unique openings, please call 800.443.8613 for the most up to date options.
- Eclipse Special cancellation policies - All cancellations more than 90 days prior to arrival will be charged a one nights rent fee. Any changes made outside of 90 days will be charged a $100 change fee. Cancelations or changes within 90 days of arrival will forfeit the full value of reservation. No refunds will be given for early departures or inclement weather. Stays from August 18th - August 22nd generally require a minimum of 5 nights. However, we may be able to accommodate shorter stays due to dynamic availability. Some accommodations may require higher nightly minimums due to county restrictions. Other specials or promotions are not valid in conjunction with reservations during August 18th - August 22nd. Other policies can be found on jhrl.com, but please contact us for complete details. 800.443.8613
P.O Box 510 / 3200 West McCollister Drive
Teton Village, WY 83025
Day of Eclipse
- At JHMR, our goal is to safely accommodate Teton Village guests and provide them sightseeing and eclipse viewing opportunities. We’re offering a few different types of viewing options - with different levels of service - at the top of three different lifts and at the base.
- Normal operations at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will be suspended in lieu of eclipse viewing operations. Following the eclipse, base area activities (Grand Adventure Park: Bike Park, Ropes Course, Drop Tower, Bungee Tramp) will all open at noon. Tram and Bridger Gondola sightseeing access will end for the day. The Via Ferrata will also be closed for the day.
- Sweetwater Gondola will be opening for eclipse sightseeing. This lift, which rises almost 1,300 feet in 8 minutes to the Casper area, has a nice open view to the southwest . The Sweetwater Gondola cabins hold 8 people per cabin, and we’ll load ticket-holders first-come/first-serve, going up and down. At the top, Casper Restaurant will be open for food, drinks, and restrooms. Sweetwater Gondola will open at 8am.
- All lift access will be ticketed in advance. There will be no lift ticket sales on the day of the eclipse, August 21, 2017.
- If you are spending time on our mountain, please remember to ‘pack out what you pack in,’ and pick up any garbage you bring with you. Please respect the mountain and our wildlife.
- As always, there is no camping on JHMR land per United State Forest Service regulations.
- Campers and overnight camping IS NOT permitted in any Teton Village lots, or at the Stilson Parking lot.
- Other parking regulations on the day of the eclipse TBD.