- Tram tickets for 8/21/2017 will be available for purchase on 9/15/2016
- Tickets will be sold for specific time slots on the morning of 8/21/17. There will be a tram leaving the base for the summit every 12 minutes.
- Tickets cannot be resold, bartered, traded, or redeemed for cash value. Anyone found in violation of this policy will have their tickets revoked, no exceptions.
- There will be 60 spots on each Tram and everyone will be required to show up 30 minutes in advance to prepare to board. You must board the tram you purchased a ticket for. We can not guaranteed a spot if you miss your assigned tram.
- JHMR will not provide an insurance option –weather is a risk and these tickets are a nonrefundable product.
- Each tram ticket comes with a pair of eclipse viewing glasses.
- Guests are only permitted to bring what they can individually carry onto the tram. No carts or rolling luggage is permitted.
- Downloading after the eclipse will be first come, first serve.
- Weather on the summit of Rendezvous Mountain can change rapidly. Please pack accordingly. Temperatures at the summit are typically in the mid-40 degree farenheit range on summer morning, but can easily dip into the 30s or lower depending on the weather system.
- Corbets Cabin at the summit offers refreshments and restroom facilities. We recommend the waffles.
- The Aerial Tram will not be open for regular sightseeing operations for the day of the eclipse.
On August 21st of 2017, a rare total solar eclipse will traverse the continental United States from Oregon to South Carolina.
Jackson Hole and Teton Village happen to fall into the "path of totality" of the Great American Eclipse. That is to say, that in Teton Village and on Rendezvous Peak, we will experience the total eclipse for one of the longest durations possible, 2-3 minutes at 11:34 am MST. The partial phases of the eclipse will last 2-3 hours depending on your specific location, starting around 10:15am. Several factors, including fantastic scenery and generally clear summer skies, will make Jackson and Teton Village a desirable destination for eclipse viewing. We're fielding inquiries and experiencing strong demand for access to locations on the Rendezvous Mountain for the eclipse.
* Eclipse Special cancellation policies - All cancellations more than 90 days prior to arrival will be charged a one nights rent fee. Any changes made outside of 90 days will be charged a $100 change fee. Cancelations or changes within 90 days of arrival will forfeit the full value of reservation. No refunds will be given for early departures or inclement weather. All stays from August 18th - August 22nd must be a minimum of 5 nights. Some accommodations may require higher nightly minimums due to county restrictions. Other specials or promotions are not valid in conjunction with reservations during August 18th - August 22nd. Other policies can be found on jhrl.com, please contact us for complete details. 800.443.8613