Know before you go
Before you venture into the backcountry with one of our expert guides, you must recognize the risk involved. While we neither encourage nor discourage backcountry travel, we do advocate continual education and the practice of safe backcountry skills. This video is merely a primer for those interested in learning more about backcountry safety; it is not a substitute for thorough education, preparation and awareness. Your safety — and the safety of others — depends on knowledge and preparation.
This video was produced by Apres Visuals in collaboration with Bridger Teton National Forest, Grand Teton National Park, Teton County Search and Rescue and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
Resources for further education:
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort - Backcountry Guides
- Bridger-Teton National Forest Avalanche Forecast Center - http://www.jhavalanche.org/
- American Avalanche Institue - http://www.americanavalancheinstitute.com/
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education - http://avtraining.org/
- Utah Avalanche Center - http://utahavalanchecenter.org/
- Colorado Avalanche Information Center - http://avalanche.state.co.us/index.php
- Sierra Avalanche Center - http://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/
- Northwest Weather and Avalance Center - http://www.nwac.us/
- Alaska Avalanche Information Center - http://alaskasnow.org/
- BCA Education - http://www.backcountryaccess.com/education