Rock Springs Yurt at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
For an unforgettable mountain experience, spend a night slopeside at the rustic Rock Springs Yurt. Share the memory with your closest friends and family, led by a knowledgeable guide. The overnight adventure includes a private tour to the yurt's secluded backcountry site in the Bridger Teton National Forest and a fully-outfitted stay, from the hot drinks greeting you upon arrival to the gourmet meals prepared by the yurtmeister and the cozy bunks guaranteeing a sound night's sleep.
The yurt, located at the base of Rock Springs Canyon, is accessible from the Rock Springs backcountry gates, or the South Hoback. Guests may enjoy Rock Springs' solitude even without staying the night: a gourmet lunch can be added to a guided backcountry tour, or an après-ski event can cap a long day of skiing or snowboarding.
Yurt Options | Please call 307.739.2779 with questions or to make a reservation
· Overnight: $500* for up to 8 people. $50/additional persons up to 12
· Yurt Porter: $100
· Individual Specialty Yurt Overnight: Starting at $75/person
· Yurt Lunches: $42.50/person
· Après Ski Yurt Experience: $42.50/person
· A wood burning, glass-front Franklin stove to keep you toasty and warm
· Marmot Dri-Loft sleeping bags with clean bag liners
· Raised porch with uninhibited views of the night sky
· Knowledgeable yurtmeister
· 3-burner propane cooking stove
· propane lanterns
· Games for kids and adults
· Great opportunities for photography
· Pack-It-In, Pack-It-Out Backcountry Toilet System
Enjoy a night with up to eight people. A yurtmeister guides you to the yurt, and prepares dinner while you sit back and relax with good company and spectacular scenery. Along with the aforementioned yurt amenities, the overnight package includes:
· Dinner & Dessert
· Lite breakfast
· Hot Beverages*Price does not include alcoholic beverages. For more than 8 people, there is a charge of $50/person, maximum 12.
Yurt Porter: $100
Don't want to carry your overnight gear? Hire a porter to carry your personal belongings and food to and from the yurt.
Individual Specialty Yurt Overnight: Starting at $75/person
Customize your overnight experience by adding a beer tasting, wine and cheese party, yoga instruction, music, or various other activities. Call for more information and options.
Yurt Lunches: $42.50/person
A midday experience for between 4 and 10 people. Ski on your own to the yurt and enjoy a gourmet lunch served in the spectacular setting of Rock Springs Canyon, or add it to a full or half day guided backcountry tour.
Après Ski Yurt Experience: $42.50/person
After a day of skiing, treat yourself to drinks and appetizers at your own après ski party. Options include a wine and cheese spread or backcountry beer tasting.
Experience the ultimate backcountry adventure by pairing a guided backcountry tour with a night in the yurt. Click here for more information on Backcountry Guides.Full Day tour and overnight. Inquire for Pricing.
Equipment and Gear for Overnights
· warm sleeping bags
· sleeping bag liners
· dinner, lite breakfast, non-alcoholic beverages, plenty of drinking water• propane and firewood
Guest should bring
· medium/large backpack
· extra layer such as down vest, jacket or fleece
· head lamp/flashlight
· water bottle
• camera & extra shoes or boots
• Yurt Lunch: Lunch reservations can be scheduled between 11am and 1pm. Plan one hour for lunch and two to four hours for the full round-trip.
• Yurt Overnights: Meet at 2:00pm at the Ski School Sales Desk in Café 6311 and arrive at the yurt by 4:30 pm. Leave the yurt by 8:30am the following morning.
Please call 307.739.2779 with questions or to make a reservation. $100 cancellation fee within 48 hours.
Reservations required at least 72 hours in advance. To make a reservation, call 307-739-2779.