Dine with Altitude at Couloir Restaurant and Bar
Located at the summit of the Bridger Gondola at 9,095’, Couloir is Jackson Hole’s most unique dining experience. The restaurant has a Wine Spectator award is recognized by Food and Wine Magazine and named on the Condé Nast Hot Tables List for its exceptional hospitality and seasonal menu featuring American cuisine with Rocky Mountain roots. Executive Chef Wes Hamilton adheres to a sustainable policy, promising that the majority of his ingredients come from a 250 mile radius to ensure fresh and natural flavors and to source superior products from local purveyors. The evening gondola ride with warmed blankets will make this the most memorable meal of your vacation.
Summer 2014 Menu Book Now on Open Table (307)739-2675
The Couloir is open for the season Sundays through Fridays through September 12, 2014. *Couloir is closed on Saturdays but is available for private events, call 307-739-6257 to inquire. Couloir will also be closed August 27, 30; September 6, 7,10 and 11.
Reservations Recommended. 307.739.2675.
Or make your reservation online through Open Table
Chef’s Table at Couloir
A total immersion, where guests are seated in the kitchen while Chef Wes Hamilton and his kitchen staff provide a unique perspective of the dining experience from “behind the curtain”. Enjoy the four-course Couloir menu or take a culinary journey with Chef Hamilton’s wine paired Tasting Menu. Available for dinner on any open night, reservations only. Please call 307.739.2675
This experience is available on any open night. For parties up to six. Personal menu’s can be prepared with suggested wine pairings. Reservations only, please call 307-739-2675
The Couloir Menu
Chef Wes Hamilton has put together a delicious seasonal menu to compliment this unique dining experience. Evolving from his concept of simple but precise food, he uses basic but bold flavors and products from local vendors to ensure the quality of his dishes. Making a conscious effort to use products from vendors in Wyoming, Utah, Montana and Idaho, Chef Hamilton aims to improve food excellence and economic sustainability by buying from local growers, providing healthy foods and reducing the carbon footprint. The menu only uses free range and natural meats, sustainable fish, and seasonal fruits and vegetables from local farms in order to uphold a “farm to table” policy.
The all natural and economically sustainable foods used at Couloir, as well as other mountain restaurants, are an important aspect to the overall JHMR theory of environmental excellence at every level. From the moment guests’ step off the Bridger Gondola, they will sense the overall concern for protecting the surrounding fragile environment with the attention to recycled products, renewable lyptus woods and solar enhancement in the sustainable building design of the Bridger Restaurants.
Check out Couloir and other JHMR restaurants' eco-friendly practices:
* Use of natural and sustainable meats from local ranches, Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch
* Seasonally designed menus to lessen the need to transport products long distances to reduce carbon foot print and fuel consumption
* Fish is fresh and wild and in accordance with the list of “sustainable seafood” provided by the Monterey Bay Aquarium in order to support fisheries that are environmentally conscious
* Extensive use of local farmer’s markets in Jackson Hole, WY and Teton Valley, ID
* Cooking with raw ingredients in order to invest in company chefs and staff instead of large food service companies and ensure freshness
* Supporting local producers of food products such as : Moo’s gourmet ice cream, Ballard Family Dairy Cheese, Old Sheppard Chèvre, Snake River Farms, Stone Ground Bakery, Cosmic Apple Garden, Montana Mountain Bison, Honolulu Fish Company
* Research into the products used by our vendors to ensure that eco-friendly ingredients and practices are used throughout the entire food process
* Restaurant staff expected to volunteer at local vendors in order to better understand the “farm to table” process