Steep and Deep Ski & Snowboard Mountaineering Camp
Join the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort’s Guide team for 4 days of ski & snowboard mountaineering and training. Campers will have access to inbounds and out-of-bounds (condition permitting) terrain. The camp will consist of four days of snowboard and ski mountaineering in the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Backcountry followed by après activities in Teton Village in the evening. Participants will be exposed to a variety of mountaineering techniques such as rappelling, belaying, rope work, uphill travel, crampon and ice axe use, and general mountain awareness. The participant can expect to be exposed to the major techniques and skills used in ski and snowboard mountaineering.
Tuesday January 28th – Saturday January 31st, 2015
(Camp starts at 4:00 PM on January 28th, 2015 w/ registration and equipment check-up session)
Camp Only: $1,080
- Backpack to carry equipment (snowboard & ski compatible)
- Avalanche Transceiver (JHMR rental available)
- Avalanche Probe (JHMR rental available)
- Avalanche Shovel (JHMR rental available)
- Climbing Harness
- General Mountaineering Style Ice Axe (rental available @ Teton Mountaineering)
- Crampons (rental available @ Teton Mountaineering)
- Gortex Jacket & Pants, Hat, Gloves, Goggles, Sunglasses & Other Mountain Protective Clothing
- Skiers Need: Ski Touring Equipment w/ Skins
- Snowboarders Need: Splitboard Equipment w/ Skins (rental available @ Hoback Sports)
- Please call the Mountain Sports School with any equipment questions and/or for a complete list of recommended mountaineering equipment @ 307-739-2797.