Dine with Altitude at Couloir Restaurant
Located in the Rendezvous Lodge at the summit of the Bridger Gondola at 9,095', Couloir is Jackson Hole's most unique dining experience. The restaurant has multiple Wine Spectator awards has been featured in every major food magazine including Conde Nast Hot Tables and Food and Wine and features an executive chef known for his commitment, creativity and raw talent. Couloir serves a seasonal menu featuring American cuisine with Rocky Mountain roots. Executive Chef Wes Hamilton adheres to a sustainable policy, promising that the majority of his ingredients come from a 250 mile radius to ensure fresh and natural flavors and to source superior products from local purveyors.
Enjoy an evening gondola ride with warmed blankets and step off the Bridger Gondola into an amazing environment. It is quickly obvious why Couloir became the first Ski Resort business to join 1% for the Planet. It is our commitment in the restaurant itself and within the setting to protect the surrounding fragile environment with the attention to recycled products, renewable lyptus woods and solar enhancement in the sustainable building design of the Rendezvous Lodge.
Chef's Table at Couloir
For this once in a lifetime experience, guests are seated in the kitchen while Chef Wes Hamilton and his kitchen staff provide a unique perspective from "behind the curtain". Chef Wes has entertained guests from New York at the James Beard House to incredible ranch experiences in the Rockies, he is someone you will want to invite over to dinner every night! Enjoy the four-course Couloir menu or take a culinary journey with Chef Hamilton's wine paired Tasting Menu. Available for dinner on any open night, reservations only. Please call 307.739.2675
This experience is available on any open night. For parties up to six. Personal menu's can be prepared with suggested wine pairings. Reservations only, please call 307-739-2675
Check out Couloir and other JHMR restaurants' eco-friendly practices:
· 100% Recycled cooking oil used in 4 veggie oil company trucks by retail, food and beverage and mountain sports school.
* Use of natural and sustainable meats from local ranches, Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch
* Seasonally designed menus to lessen the need to transport products long distances to reduce carbon foot print and fuel consumption
* Fish is fresh and wild and in accordance with the list of "sustainable seafood" provided by the Monterey Bay Aquarium in order to support fisheries that are environmentally conscious
* Extensive use of local farmer's markets in Jackson Hole, WY and Teton Valley, ID
* Supporting local producers of food products such as : Moo's gourmet ice cream, Ballard Family Dairy Cheese, Old Sheppard Chèvre, Snake River Farms, Stone Ground Bakery, Cosmic Apple Garden, Montana Mountain Bison, Honolulu Fish Company
* Research into the products used by our vendors to ensure that eco-friendly ingredients and practices are used throughout the entire food process
* Restaurant staff expected to volunteer at local vendors in order to better understand the "farm to table" process