10) The sweet reward of reaching the top. No… not the view. Completely unadulterated, guilt free, ridiculously delicious, Nutella filled waffles.
Here’s my quick guide on hiking to the top of tram that will help you have a wonderful day:
- It really is a great hike (more than 60% of it is on a road), but it’s a serious butt kicker if you’re not prepared.
- Start early in the morning before it gets too hot and sunny in the valley (think 9 am at the latest).
- Wear sturdy shoes, bring tons of water, and enough snacks to get your body to the top (ok, seriously, bring more than 1 bar).
- Get to the top before 4pm so you can indulge in their waffles and then ride your tired booty back down the tram for free.
- If the waffle wasn’t enough of a meal (and it never is), get yourself some delicious food and drink on the Nick Wilson’s deck, on your right as you walk off the tram.
More Jackson Hole hiking information and trail map. Sita hiked the “Summit Trail” in this post, which is approximately 7.4 miles and gains 4,139 vertical feet.