- 2014-02-27: Michael Franti and Spearhead Headline Jackson Hole Rendezvous
- 2014-02-04: Storm Delivers: Season Snowfall Totals Over 21 Feet at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2014-01-18: First Annual JHMR Eco Night Raises Over $2,200 for Hole Food Rescue
- 2014-01-09: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Hosts First Annual Eco Night
- 2013-12-24: Over Two Fresh Feet of Snow: a Christmas Gift at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2013-12-04: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort #1 Snow in the Rockies, Opening 4,139' Top to Bottom this Saturday
- 2013-12-03: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has Unprecedented Opening Weekend
- 2013-11-25: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Opening 3,000 Vertical Feet for Thanksgiving Day
- 2013-10-14: What's New For Winter in 2013/14 at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2013-09-23: WAIT- The Party is Not Over. JHMR Announces #1 Free Ski Day
- 2013-09-18: SKI Magazine Readers Vote Jackson Hole North America's Overall #1 Resort for 2014
- 2013-07-23: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Grand Pass On Sale August 1, 2014
- 2013-06-12: Concert on the Commons Line Up Announced, Bike Park Opening this Weekend in Teton Village!
- 2013-05-22: Jackson Hole Aerial Tram Opens Saturday
- 2013-04-09: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Reports Highest Visitation on Record
- 2013-03-12: The Mountain Collective Adds Three New Partners for 2013-2014 Ski Season
- 2013-02-08: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Expands the Dick's Ditch Classic
- 2013-01-31: Storms Pound the Tetons. Season Snowfall Tops 20 Feet at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2013-01-07: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Experiences Record December and Holiday Season
- 2012-12-19: DEEPcember in Jackson Hole brings snow every day, Totaling over 100 inches of snow.
- 2012-12-14: TGR Fall Line Camp at Jackson Hole
- 2012-12-08: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort: #1 Snow In the Rockies. Opened 4,139', Top to Bottom Today.
- 2012-12-06: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Opens All Major Lifts This Weekend
- 2012-12-06: Adaptive Awareness Day
- 2012-12-04: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Opens the New Casper Lift Thursday and More Terrain by Weekend.
- 2012-11-30: O.A.R. Headlines 8th Annual Mountain Festival Weekend at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2012-11-24: Opening Day 2012/2013
- 2012-10-08: SKI Magazine Readers Vote Jackson Hole #1
- 2012-08-16: Whats New for Winter 2012/2013
- 2012-08-14: Four Major Independent Ski Resorts Form The Mountain Collective™
- 2012-07-17: Air Service Builds on Successes
- 2012-06-26: 1% for the Planet Welcomes Jackson Hole Mountain Resort ‘Couloir’ and ‘Deck’ Restaurants to Network
- 2012-03-01: The February That March Dream are Made of
- 2012-02-14: The Casper Lift will be replaced
- 2012 - 1 - 1: Big Snow to Start the New Year
- 2011-12-05: Wool & Whiskey
- 2011-12-02: Jackson Hole: Best Skiing in the Lower 48
- 2011-07-20: JHMR Announces Lowest Season Pass in Recorded History
- 2011-05-11: JHMR Receives National Ski Area Association’s Golden Eagle Award for Environmental Excellence
- 2011-05-03: Jackson Hole Celebrates 5 Years of Environmental Excellence
- 2011-04-07: Resort Concludes Second Best Season in its History
- 2011-02-25: Stay Home this March? Don\'t be Silly
- 2011-01-10: Epic January + Chicago to Jackson $149 each way
- 2010-12-28: Nachtspktakel: JHMR hosts moonlight ski tour to Casper Lodge followed by beer and appetizers
- 2010-11-23: Biggest Opening Day
- 2010-09-13: Burton’s Next Stash Run Comes to Life at Jackson Hole
- 2010-08-16: What’s New at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for Winter 2010
- 2010-03-15: Jackson Hole Mountain Festival March 27th Ride. Eat. Dance. Sleep
- 2010-03-08: Turn it up in the Tetons
- 2010-02-10: Mountain Festival Talent & Package Announced
- 2010-02-01: Another Fresh Coat Plasters Jackson Hole
- 2010-01-27: January Ends on a Huge Note
- 2010-01-19: Season Passholder Party and Race
- 2010-01-19: Ride. Eat. Sleep. For $99
- 2010-01-09: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort™ Mourns Loss of Ski Patroller
- 2010-01-06: 1-6-10 Delayed Opening Information
- 2010-01-06: Incident Update at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort™
- 2010-01-05: Great News from Jackson Hole: More Snow, Deals, & Contest Giveaway
- 2010-01-04: Big Snow hits Jackson Hole
- 2010-01-04: “Rocky Mountain Sky Tram” Party at Nick’s - U.S. TV PREMIERE: National Geographic Channel Thursday, January 7 at 6pm
- 2009-12-15: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) To Open Bridger Gondola: 2800 Vertical Feet
- 2009-12-10: Fly to Jackson Hole this January. Buy 2 get 2 free.
- 2009-11-13: White Christmas. Guaranteed.
- 2009-10-22: Nordic Track is Back
- 2009-09-28: JH Tapped iPhone Application
- 2009-09-24: Will you be the 100,000th Tram rider this summer?
- 2009-08-19: Fly Free to Jackson Hole this winter
- 2009-08-04: What’s New at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for 2009
- 2009-07-14: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort presents Winter 2009/10 Season Pass Line Up
- 2009-06-19: EcoFriendly Dining at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2009-06-18: Fathers Ride the Tram for Free on Father’s Day
- 2009-06-09: Instant Adventure: Half Price
- 2009-05-25: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Takes Summer Seriously
- 2009-05-19: The NEW Aerial Tram Opens for Summer 2009
- 2009-05-18: TEKO® Named the Official Sock of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2009-05-06: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Announces New Chief Marketing Officer
- 2009-04-10: “Year of the Tram” at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2009-03-24: FEED YOUR SOUL at the Fourth Annual Jackson Hole Music Festival
- 2009-02-23: Ozomatli to Headline Fourth Annual Jackson Hole Mountain Festival
- 2009-02-21: Adaptive Awareness Day on March 3rd & Adaptive Steep & Deep Camp March 5-8
- 2009-02-13: 11th Annual Dick’s Ditch Banked Slalom at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2009-02-12: The Tram is Back for Summer Fun in Jackson Hole!
- 2009-02-11: Valentine’s Day Couple’s Race in Teton Village February 14th
- 2009-02-06: Jackson Hole Nordic Center to Open Dog Loop!
- 2009-01-26: Jackson Hole’s NEW “Big Red” Flying High This Season
- 2009-01-15: 10th Annual Safety Week at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2009-01-14: Season Pass Holder Appreciation Day and Party at JHMR
- 2009-01-01: MEET JACKSON HOLE’S NEW AERIAL TRAM
- 2008-12-29: 12/29/2008 Incident Statement, 4 PM update
- 2008-12-10: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Bridger Gondola and Casper Triple Chair to Open This Saturday
- 2008-11-26: JACKSON HOLE MOUNTAIN RESORT TO OPEN NOVEMBER 29th
- 2008-10-30: Free Plane Tickets to Jackson Hole
- 2008-10-29: Jackson Hole Aerial Tram Ready to Fly!
- 2008-10-07: Splice of Aerial Tram Haul Rope Happening Today at JHMR
- 2008-10-01: New Aerial Tram at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 2008-09-30: Whats New for Winter 2008/2009
- : Epic January + Jackson Hole to Chicago. $149 each way
- : Nachtspektakel & US National Ski Mountaineering Championships
- : What\'s New in Jackson Hole for the Winter of 2011-2012
Whats New for Winter 2012/2013
Posted on - 2012-08-16
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) 2012-2013:
It’s Never Been Easier…. To Ski Here (or Get Here)
(Teton Village, WY. August 16, 2012)
All New All Blue – Introducing an entirely new intermediate experience. In a move to continue to broaden the appeal of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR), a new, high speed, four passenger detachable chair has been installed at mid mountain. Along with the new lift, the Casper intermediate trail network has received extensive summer grooming, expanding and improving this classic blue terrain, bringing a whole new experience to this amazing, previously underutilized area of the mountain. The new Casper area is part of a series of capital improvements over the past three years reaching the intermediate destination skier and rider including an upgraded and larger snowcat fleet and expanded snowmaking acreage and capacity. To celebrate this new experience, Casper Restaurant, already a popular spot for visiting families and groups has introduced an entirely new menu including gourmet hot sandwiches, made to order tacos and a Margarita bar.
|NEW Casper Quad Lift|
|New Lift||Old Lift|
|Type:||Detachable||Fixed grip triple|
|Capacity:||2000 people per hour||1185 people per hour|
|Vertical:||1050 ft||1046 ft|
|Ride Time:||3.5 minutes||10 minutes|
2012/2013 Winter Air Service Offers Increased Non-Stop Services from Nine Cities and hundreds of easy connections on key U.S Carriers, American, Delta and United. New this year United Airlines will operate holiday and weekend nonstop flights from San Francisco and New York (EWR) and Delta Airlines will introduce a similar service from Minneapolis into Jackson Hole. The improved experience for skiers and snowboarders traveling to Jackson Hole will be immediate and impactful: flight times will be shorter and more options will exist. The expanded and improved airport makes the arrival and departure experiences faster than ever. With the resort just a short 30 minute drive from the terminal, Jackson Hole now truly competes with other Rocky Mountain winter destinations for ease of travel to and from. Airfares and packages are currently available for purchase via the airlines and resort website www.jacksonhole.com
THE MOUNTAIN COLLECTIVE™: A major and exciting new pass product for Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. In an unprecedented move, JHMR and three other premier independent mountain destinations in the West have created an alliance to form the Mountain Collective™, offering a groundbreaking pass for the 2012-13 season: the Mountain Collective™ Pass. Alta, Aspen/Snowmass, Jackson Hole and Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows have partnered to offer this exciting opportunity for passionate skiers and riders. For just $349, The Mountain Collective™ Pass includes two free days at each of the four destinations, plus a 50 percent discount on unlimited lift tickets at each of the destinations, once the complimentary days are used. In addition, passholders will receive exclusive lodging deals throughout the season. Collectively this pass grants access to eight mountains with more than 16,000 acres of terrain, over 100 lifts and an unmatched reputation for snow quality and quantity. www.themountaincollective.com
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE: New this year, JHMR is making single and multiday tickets available to purchase online with a “best price” guarantee. Cheaper than the walk up ticket windows and any other ticket only option, this allows our guests to pre-purchase any arrival date of the season knowing they are receiving value and convenience. www.jacksonhole.com/bestpriceguarantee
ECO-LEADERSHIP: Locally, Nationally, Globally: Operating in the midst of one of the worlds’ most pristine natural environments in the world, JHMR remains committed to its environmental initiatives. In July 2012 Jackson Hole Mountain Resort became the first U.S ski resort to join 1% for the Planet as a Brand Member with our Couloir and Deck restaurants. In another impactful initiative JHMR was a key stakeholder in the application and successful selection for Jackson Hole as one of the destinations worldwide to participate in the Sustainable Tourism Destination Early Adopters program initiated by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council. For our day to day operations this season JHMR will be entering our seventh year as third party ISO registered as a “green” company. ISO 14001 registration is the most widely known and internationally respected environmental stamp of approval.
NEW TERRA WOMENS SKI CAMP With Crystal Wright & Jess McMillan Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Hotel Terra Partner for a Spectacular new Ski Camp. This winter, intermediate and expert female skiers can take their skiing to the next level and experience Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) shoulder to shoulder with two of the greatest big mountain female skiers in the world at the Terra Women’s Ski Camp, January 16-19, 2013. Crystal Wright, the current Freeskiing World Tour Champion, and Jess McMillan, fresh from international victories at Freeride competitions and headlining in Warren Miller’s iconic ski films will lead the camp along with top female coaches from the legendary JHMR Mountain Sports School. “We are thrilled to have Crystal and Jess be a part of our women’s camp this year,” said Anna Olson, Brand Director JHMR. “The Terra Women’s Camp is designed specifically for women who want to improve their skiing at the mid-level range, as well as those who want to take their skiing to the next level. “Campers will spend worthwhile time with Wright and McMillan on and off the slopes in a fun and rejuvenating setting,” Olson continued. “This is one not to miss. They are really an inspiration on all levels.” Participants in the camp will receive four nights eco-luxury lodging at the Four Diamond rated, Hotel Terra just steps away from the Aerial Tram in Teton Village. The package includes lift tickets, instruction, early access to the Tram, breakfasts, lunches and two dinners, in addition to Pilates and strength conditioning classes instructed by Wright and McMillan. Cost of the package with lodging is $2,500 and can be reserved at jacksonhole.com. Locals or those who have other accommodations can participate for $1,650.
THE SNOW REALLY IS BIGGER & BETTER Last year Jackson Hole got close to 400 inches by closing day (in a drought year); more snow than anybody in the Rockies and California. We got snow in early October and then benefited from significant storm cycles in late December, January and February. The upper elevations had enough natural snow for good skiing and the snowmaking improvements enabled our guests to access Mother Nature’s best in the country and have the entire resort open from early December through April. By March we were one of the only resorts with average snow depths. Spring skiing was most spectacular, as we had the best spring corn in over a decade. Bottom line for March: Good depths, great weather and fantastic corn skiing.
Missed this last year? Don’t worry we are repeating the most successful winter teen camp ever! Oversold to the max last winter, we know demand will be even greater this year.
Jackson Hole TGR Fall Line Camp: December 29-31, 2012. The ultimate freeride experience held in the big mountain Mecca of Jackson Hole for teenagers who aspire to join the next generation of big mountain rippers and park & pipe superstars. Up and coming skiers and snowboarders will spend the week improving their fundamentals and learning to drop cliffs, hit jib features and rip turns with members of the TGR cast and the Jackson Hole Mountain Sports School’s premier youth coaches. After full throttle sessions of slashing turns and burning quads under the tutelage of the best instructors and pro athletes in the world of big mountain skiing, the up and comers will pull up a chair in the TGR studios and get after it, editing the epic footage they captured during the day. Production magicians from behind the TGR curtain will reveal simple secrets of turning low budget footage into sponsor-worthy final content.
Jackson Hole continues to famously deliver our legendary powder snow, 4,139 continuous vertical feet, 2500 acres of the best beginner, intermediate and expert skiing and snowboarding in North America and a genuine “Last of the Old West” atmosphere. Three years of extensive investments in grooming, snowmaking, lifts and visitor services across the mountain have created an entirely new mountain experience for a broad variety of guests and we intend to continue to broaden this appeal. Neighboring the legacy National Parks of Yellowstone and Grand Teton there is no more spectacular setting for a destination resort in the world and now with nine nonstop cities (and hundreds of connections) flying to the newly expanded airport, Jackson Hole is one of the most easily accessed destination resorts in the West. For route maps, ski packages, online tickets (now with Best Price guarantee), web cam, videos and more please visit jacksonhole.com or facebook.com/jacksonhole
Mountain Collective Logos
1 % for the Planet Logo
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Logo
For high-res images, contact Julie.Weinberger@jacksonhole.com